Sunday, June 17, 2012

Memories, pressed between the pages of mind...

Today being Father's Day, I know most of you probably spent time with your family...  As with most of my life, today was a hodge podge of this and that.. Spent some time with my husband as the kids presented him with his Superman shirt.  Jason (Aaron too) was most excited about this because he has one just like it.  And Emma was excited because she had decorated the tissue paper we wrapped the present in.  All in all it was a good day then off to the airport we went.. my husband is on the road again. 

My husband presented me with a statement today that has been churning in my mind all day..  Regret... I hope I don't look back one day and see that I wasted so many years and have no good memories of the times I spent with my family. 

Christmas 2009
So this afternoon as I took my little dolphins a swimming, I began to show them how my dad use to send me flying thru the air in the pool. I remembered how we would stand on his shoulders and jump off and the many times he and my Grandfather would take us to the creek and we would wade thru cold water, exploring.  As I watched the joy on my little ones faces as we played and swam I reflected on the good things in life, the little things that bring pleasure.  The time spent together.

I miss my Dad.  He went home to be with Jesus almost a year ago.  I use to love to sit with him and just talk about the weather or politics or our favorite in his last days, The Swamp People!  I have good memories pressed between the pages of my mind and I pray my kids will too.

Now, I am off to figure out how how to wow my kids with scientific experiments.. we gonna make a volcano that really erupts...  whoo-hoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment