Sunday, January 18, 2015

Ready or not Florida, here we come!

      I love to travel.  Well, let me rephrase that a little.  I love to travel at my own pace.  Especially when I am the one behind the wheel, blazing the trail, stopping to use the restroom when I need to! (those that know me, understand this)  I was born and raised in the Florida with a few stops here there.  I have lived in a few different states and a few different countries but I have always had a home in Florida.   I have traveled this state from Milton to Miami.
      When I was younger I traveled with my Grandparents a lot from Mobile Alabama to Alford Florida with a few trips to Lake Wales.  I think my most beloved trips were the ones where we would travel Highway 27 from the panhandle and take it all the way to Lake Wales.  Usually because my Granny was looking for a certain pair of moccasins that they sold at those old Florida Souvenir shops.  I loved those shops with all the Florida stuff... anything with oranges, alligators or beaches.  I know a lot of those places are gone now.  Though recently I came across a really cool one in Clermont, yes on Highway 27.
        So, when I got this idea last year to start visiting Florida State Parks I got a little excited.  This is something I can do, something my family can do.  I started searching out parks via google and Pinterest really got me going.  I really began to embrace this idea.  I truly do have an adventurous spirit but the group I reside with not so much especially when I mentioned hiking!  But starting tomorrow we are off!  We will begin with the Parks in our area.

       Being someone who loves history, I thought we would start with Bulow State Park and visit that 400 year old oak tree I hear they have and do some hiking, yes hiking!  It is going to be a gorgeous sunny day in the low 70's, a perfect day to do a little outdoor activity.  Wish me well and my three who will be coming with me.

       Ready or not, here we come! Oh and yes, there will be plenty of pictures :)

      

No comments:

Post a Comment