Monday, July 16, 2012

Merry Christmas, already!!

Somehow today I ended up with a bunch of Christmas books at the library... maybe it was a deep down longing to wear a sweater, to see my breath when I walk outside, to need to wear flannel jammies...
Caught! 
So at bedtime we read Christmas stories and the kids loved it!  Emma began to remind me of her fear of all things Santa Claus.. Then I began to remember some of our Christmas adventures!

When she was two we lived in Italy.  This was the first year she was really introduced to Santa.  All the kids were so excited, waiting for Santa to make his entrance and when he did Emma made a run for it while Jason stood mesmerized by this big man in a red suite and white beard with a bag full of presents.

Jason mesmerized, waiting patiently for Santa to call his name :)
 
 We began to understand why every time Santa was mentioned she would tell us she was on the naughty list!!  It seemed Emma had some how determined that if she was on the naughty list Santa would not visit her house.
I am on the naughty list Santa!

This past Christmas she made me tell Santa he had to leave ALL presents on the front door step.  Every night at bedtime she would make me check the doors to see if they were locked and then in the morning we would check outside for presents.

Can't wait to see what it is this year, cause this child has imagination!!

No comments:

Post a Comment